1. About 92 percent of the world’s money is digital. Most money only exists on computers and hard drives.
2. Domain names were free to register until 1995. Just imagine if you had claimed Apple.com for free. The first archive of Apple.com was in 1996.
3. The was once a computer that ran on water. In 1936, Russia built a computer consisted of interconnected tubes filled with water that functioned as a power source. It’s now in Moscow’s Polytechnic Museum.
4. The very first YouTube video was uploaded in April 2005, and has over 43 million views. It’s called “Me at the zoo” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9IVRw
5. You know more people than you think on Facebook. Everyone on Facebook is connected to one another by an average of 3.57 degrees of separation.
6. In 2016, Amazon was approved for a patent for blimps stocked with drones that would allow for deliveries to be made in a matter of minutes.
7. After Instagram itself, Selena Gomez has the most followers with 131 million. Cristiano Ronaldo has 116 million.
8. Amazon unveiled plans to launch Amazon Go stores where shoppers can simply pick up items and walk out of the store. The store will use technology to identify and automatically charge customers without checkout lanes or cashiers.
9. The Winklevoss twins invested $11 million of their Facebook payout into Bitcoin in 2013, which made them the world’s first Bitcoin billionaires in late 2017.
10. There are approximately 3.5 billion Google searches per day, most of them occurring on a mobile device.